Poasttown Elementary School was dedicated in 1937. Before it was a school there were multiple train wrecks with casualties within a mile of the property.
According to the Middletown Historical Society Poasttown is an unincorporated community located in northeastern Madison Township, Butler County, Ohio, on State Route 4, about one mile north of Middletown. It was laid out in 1818 by Peter Post as the town of West Liberty. In August of 1848 he was named the first postmaster of Poasttown. His salary was $57.20 a year. There being another West Liberty in Ohio, it was at this time that the U.S. Postmaster asked the name of the village be changed, and everyone agreed it should be called after its founder, Poasttown.
In 1851 the Cincinnati, Hamilton and Dayton Railroad was built just north of the village, making Poasttown a shipping point. The Poasttown School opened in 1937 near the railroad tracks, replacing an old one-room school that had served the community for many years. The old one-room school became the Grange Hall, and later the Madison Fire Department.
The school opened on September 7, 1937, but was not dedicated until April 15, 1938. Dr. Walter Collins gave the dedicatory address, and County School Superintendent C.H. Williams also spoke. The members of the School Board were George Finkbone, Carl Seigel, Nathan Weikel, Lacy Keith, Harry Selby and Harry Augburger. The School had a long run until 2000.